Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

KeepAnEyeOnBob
Participant

I’d rather have attempts to capture the style of Georgian buildings than completely soulless plastic/steel/glass boxes or stereotypical semi-Ds any day.

There should have been a day organised for throwing rocks at the visitor’s centre at KJC. Last time I visited the castle it was an embarrassment to have brought visitors to the city to see it – should have stuck to St. Mary’s, Hunt Museum and a city tour *. The displays inside with “Audio-Visual” demonstrations are like a hideous parody, simpson’s style, of the style used at historical parks in the USA. Very patronising and silly.

* The tour I’ve used is mostly the recommended one, with some modifications: O’Connell St., Belltable, Pery Square, People’s Park, Art Gallery, Tait Clock, Gerald Griffin St. (may be run down but tourists I’ve shown it to find it quaint – it has a style of Ireland of times gone by – Also “False Teeth Repaired While U Wait” is a required photo op), St. John’s Square and city wall, the Milk Market, Quays and Barrington’s, Potato Market, St. Mary’s, KJC (best to just pass by the outside), Treaty Stone, Clancy Strand and Sarsfield Bridge.

Latest News