Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Anonymous
Participant

@vkid wrote:

Heard that was changed in the new plans and there is to be another entrance on Patricks St.. Was talking to someone who had seen the plans and was overall more excited by the new design than what went before. It is only one opinion..havent seen them myself.

The new plans as submitted recently (not the further information) do include a significant opening onto Patrick’s street just at the turn above the mid-west institute offices.

The further information does not propose to retain the buildings on Ellen st. they were giving reasons or excuses for their demolition. Once of which was to do with increasing the amount of sunlight onto the south facing areas of the development. It’s a shopping mall in Ireland in a city and they’re looking to catch some rays apparently.

My suspicion (but I read The Prince too often) is that they are looking to draw a foul with the Ellen st changes as we’d say in GAA circles so as to delay the start of the project (while having an reasonable excuse for their banks) until they think they can get the best value for their construction Euro and be hitting completion just as the economy picks up.

Latest News