Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

Great pics as usual CologneMike, I had meant to take a look around that place myself but never got around to it! I suppose the first thing to say is that its certainly good to see the site developed after lying derelict for as long as I can remember.

Unfortunately though I find myself distinctly underwhelmed by the finished product. The Henry Street frontage is incredibly bland and Id nearly go as far as to say ugly! I mean whats the story with all those windows?, it just look really messy! I dont think this particular patchwork of materials on the front facade works either.

The City Council may feel that this development reflects their ambitions for a more intensive usage of the core areas of Georgian blocks. But in my opinion it comes pretty close to over-development, maybe others might think it actually is? Them apartments squeezed in between the office block and the old council hq surely cant provide a quality living environment either. What have you got to look at, only the backsides of the surrounding buildings. Its all a bit claustrophobic, I dont think I’d like to live there anyway!

Latest News