Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?
Home › Forums › Ireland › well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? › Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?
Just a quick update on the opera centre.
August 28th has now been set as the provisional deadline for a decision on the application after Regeneration Developments submitted the requested further information last week.
Planning permission for the development of a new multi storey shopping centre with street mall, retail, underground car parking and food hall to provide 38,541 sq m of new mixed use retail/services accommodation comprising of 2 retail anchors and 38 no. ancillary retail/service units in Limerick City Centre at this site within the sector defined by Bank Place to the north, Rutland Street/Patrick Street to the west, Ellen Street to the south and Michael Street to the east, incorporating the old Town Hall and the Granary, both protected structures.
The proposed development will provide retail accommodation at basement levels, ground floor, first floor and two upper levels. The emphasis in the retail provision will be upon higher order comparison retail facilities and services including cafÃ© and restaurant and food court facilities at second floor mezzanine.
The development will include:
- Refurbishment and modification of no.4 Patrick Street (also known as the Catherine Hayes building) which will remain independent from the mall of the new scheme to be used as a museum/ civic amenity.
- Modification of no.5 Rutland Street and faÃ§ade retention with new building shell at no.4 Rutland Street, both will remain independent from the mall of the new scheme.
- Modification of the Town Hall (protected structure) including demolition of modern building extensions and integration into the new scheme.
- Modification of the Granary (protected structure) including demolition of modern building and integration into new scheme.
- Modifications at ground level with upper faÃ§ade retention of noâ€™s 8 and 9 Rutland Street and 1,2,3 & 5 Patrick Street.
- Demolition of noâ€™s 6 and 7 Rutland Street, noâ€™s 6 & 8 Patrick Street, noâ€™s 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 & 9b Ellen Street, Euro surf buildings on Ellen Street, Workspace building on Michael Street and Cahill May Roberts factory buildings on Bank Place.
- Incorporation of basement car parking facilities and servicing, eliminating the permitted high-level bridge.
- Within the site, Ellen Street will be rebuilt with a 2m setback (northwards) from the existing building line to facilitate widened pedestrian areas and traffic circulation on the Inner Orbital Route.
- All associated site development works and provision of services.