Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

@CologneMike wrote:

Tuborg, I would side with the Thomond Archaeological and Historical Society on keeping the Milk Market an open-air one.

• Market open six days a week – yes!
  • 120-seat restaurant – yes!
  • Local small business start-ups – yes!

But this weatherproofed tensile roof (white heavy duty pvc sheeting) would resemble a permanent circus tent and would kill off in my opinion another city centre open (air) space?

Previous posts 1504 1556

By the way anyone see further editions of the “Limerick City Matters Magazine” since its first issue from last August?

Im not sure, I think much of the reasoning behind the objection is concerned with the impact of the new roof on the protected structure. In my opinion anyway, the Milk Market is a pretty modest structure both architecturally and also in terms of scale and I dont believe this proposed roof will have a serious adverse impact on it.

The only concern I would have is in relation to the durability of the tensile structure, especially in our climate. What is the average lifespan of this type of structure.

As for the City Matters magazine, the intention was to publish them quarterly but theres been no sign of any more issues since the initial launch last year.

Latest News