Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Fairy
Participant

@CologneMike wrote:

True johnglas, my behaviour is akin to a “Spam Blocker”! 😀

Interesting images massamann. 😎

That would be a clean break with tradition, a Maritime Youth Centre instead of A Rowing Club! A Maritime theme for the pier would be totally dedicated to use the river as a recreational water resource.

Maybe moor a tall-ship (maritime museum) along the boat club side of the pier and another large barge type of vessel (restaurant) docked opposite it at Harvey’s quay. However getting these two ships lifted over the Condell bridge would be a quite an act.

Massamann, I can see the city kids using it as our second river front skateboard park!

By the way the tall ship museum image I used here is from your part of the woods.

Not for a moment am I suggesting that this is the best design, but God it’s at least innovative! Recall the enomous ructions/damming reactions to the inconceivable design of the Sydney Opera House (similar situ). Looking at the design put forward it sure is inavative – loooking into a much smaller concept imigne taking all the the Bell Table has to offer and (add add some flash) move it into the Boat Club it would be – a winner in IMO, a place to take in a play, lunch, bite of lunc h while talking in the majestic Shannon, We so desperately need a ‘centre of the equivalent RIGHT IN THE CENTRE OF LIMERICK CITY. See it all in my dreams, ‘lights,steps, etc, ect.. Then

Latest News