Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Anonymous
Inactive

justnotbothered

Rent out space to the city council for a new city library, guaranteed money packet for as long as he wants.

massamann

We need a new site for a library

Sure the city requires a representative municipal building for its library. We once had one i.e. the purpose built Carnegie Library at the Peoples Park. A library building here on the Shannon in my opinion would be “too introvert in nature” to fully appreciate the river.

One must bear in my mind that Wellesley pier is an island serviced by the Sarsfield Bridge and is positioned between Thomond Bridge and Condell Bridge. It is also situated where pleasure boats can leave the estuary part of the Shannon and enter the Abbey weir / Ardnacrusha waterway to make their way up to the upper parts of the Shannon. It is also situated at the entrance of the city centre. Most importantly of all it lies in the middle of the riverfront / promenade landscape with views in all directions.

Its proposed use should take water sport and local / visitor recreational needs on board.

Latest News