Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

vkid
Participant

@justnotbothered wrote:

But what do think of what’s proposed?
It’d be great for intimate gigs. The smaller club house could remain as a bar or coffee house or anything. Plenty of places for outdoor seating for example.

In another location yes..but in its current spot a music venue is not suitable. When it was used as one on several occasions there were drunk kids literally falling onto the busiest bridge in the city..not to tarnish all who went there with that brush but it was a common occurence in my own experience. Unless proper access is sorted its uses are limited. BUT i do agree that a suitable use should be agreed on before a building design is decided on. Its a decent size site overall so something worthwhile is very possible..I personally think a venue/coffee shop would be a complete waste of this site.

AS for what i think of the current proposal, i like some elements (the glass front – albeit too high) and dislike some (side profiles and lack of windows).

Personally I would like to see UL have one of their smaller faculties use this site…maybe with imput from the School of Arhitecture..It would bring the University into the heart of the city(sorely lacking) and really add something to the city..A coffee shop would not have the same effect imo.If the city needs a music venue i’d prefer to see the resoration of the long closed Limerick Athenaeum(Theatre Royal)

Latest News