Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

dave123
Participant

If it’s a nice building, I can’t see how it would spoil the skyline. Most of this area of the city is just plain crap! Its probably the worst part of town. Nothing in architectural merit, nothing strategically historical other than St. Johns castle. If I was to have the same negative opinion that a high rise would be negative to the skyline, then so is st johns church equally.

Please get with the times, its 2008 now. Having a Gateway building here at the N24 just south of Williams street. would be fantastic. If the builiding is tacky of course it will have a huge negative impact on the skyline, of course I wouldn’t like to see a tacky building up by any means so. But if the building is stunning in architecture then it would be fantastic!

People missed point on the Cork Tower, how come that tower does not have a negative impact on the city there, when it’s actually built fairly close to the heart of the city. It’s actually taller than this proprosal. The Cork tower is located on a higher elevation too. The point of a high rise tower, is for it to be seen, not hidden.
This negative Irish attitude to anything high rise, never fails to surprise me . Its unbelieable the crap you hear on reasons not to build a tower!

Cologne, I can see the Riverpoint tower all the way from behind Catherine street, would that mean it has a negative impact on the surrounding city in view?

Latest News