Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

dave123
Participant

The irish attitude that a highrise will ruin the skyline has to pass now. It’s 2008 like. It would enhance the skyline if its a nice tower, would it not?. Look to other European cities. 18 storeys is not considered tall. its on the fringe of the city centre tbf..

It looks good to me, from that picture tbh. There is nothing spectacular with this part of town right now. In fact its just a run down part of the city. From Gerald griffen street to Parnell street and as far as the railway station could be bulldozed if all I care. This area has no arcitectural significance to talk about either!. The location of the tower is on a gateway and is on the main road from the south and west into the city.. In my opiniion this could really change the face of the city coming from that side. It seems like a good spot to build highrises from there and around Parnell street. The proposed Orbital road plan is also just a few feet away too. So good transport links also.

I agree with justnotborthered, in saying whats wrong with building something this ambitious at this side of the city. It looks 18 times better than whats currently there!.Change is whats needed, why can’t we just let go of this irish attitude with buidling something pretty awesome.

In Cork the tower thats going up at the moment is not on the riverfront.its near the heart of the city on the southlink gateway. The Limerick tower is similar in that too.

Any other pics, it defenatly doesn’t look half bad either with the black and white!

Latest News