Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

dave123
Participant

A perfect large scale example of something similar to this type developent, that works.

Is the George’s quay development in Dublin. I know its way off the scale in height and size in comparision. But it does have a low level of Five storys fronting at street level and looks tiny when seen in front of the high rise office tower from behind. Buildings surrounding are of max 5/6 storeys. Yet it still of one block and of one development. The aspect is much the same in relation to the Henrys street development in the above picture. The George’s quay office part which soars up to 11 storeys in one block and the remainder blocks ranges between Five and Nine storeys. Now if the Goerge’s quay was built with 11 storey’s throughout with one big retangular box that was to sit behind the front five storey parts it would completely overshadow it. It would look excessive and obtrusive just like the Henry street development appears now in the pictures..
But the tapering heights works does seem work. Georges quay block would be a disaster if it were to be one slab tower from behind the surrounding development. This is my point with the Limerick development. I’m not saying it should to go to heights of 11 storeys or anything like that. What I’m saying is, if the office building had at least set back levels, or spilt into Three segements, wherease the hanging gardens side by at Three storeys, the Middle secton 4 storeys and the Office lane be at Six storeys. etc. It would work alot better. And the Developers would even still be happy with getting its max density into the office block as well..

The height in the entire block does range from six storeys to as low as two storeys with the warehouse at the corner. The New development has to take that on board, and use the range of heights within its aspects.

Latest News