Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

dave123
Participant

Sorry i didn’t explain myself properly Turborg. Yes they are two different buildings. But the actul Development of both, is the same developer right?. It would seem so since the red brick element is the same throughout.The Box is just horrfic its stick out and overpowers the front bar/restaurant section. 5 storys wouldn’t be so bad if the office element didn’t look so bland and boxish.. As you say tapering one side down like step level towards the hanging gardens would even make the overalls a thousands time batter.

I wouldn’t be so worried on the 2/3 buildings/ Warehouses on the corner. They will be up for redevelopment. They do not look like protected structures and are not in great condition.

I have not been down in LImerick since feb, and even longer since I was in the city centre, maybe chirstmas. What are the remaining redevlopments sites left on the Henry street axis? The ESB, Garda and Symths are the only ones I can think of and have being eyesores for a long time no since the regeneration of the street.

Side note: It would be great to see pics of Henry street of 10 years ago to and compare them to the presentation of the street now. It actually didn’t even feel like it was part of the city!

Latest News