Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

@dave123 wrote:

Why can’t they grade separate the traffic. Like put pedstrian movements underground. Having A right flowing slips from Childer’s road over/under the T junction. I remember years ago, they were planning to put slips and underground walkways as part of the Parkway valley deveopment.

It comes down to one simple factor; money! It would cost in the region of €30 Million for even a basic grade separation of the Parkway roundabout, ie. a bridge with slip roads to carry the Dublin road over the roundabout and the re-alignment of the junction and connecting roads. As the Dublin road at the parkway is no longer a National route, the NRA have no responsibility for it and there is no chance of Limerick City Council investing this kind of money to sort it out. The only other option is for a private developer to fork out and fund the project, however as we’ve seen, the signalised junction marks the limit of the parkway developers ambitions.

Incidentally, what is the story with access to the new Parkway valley complex? I know there will be an access road from the existing retail park, are the “tunnelled slip roads” still part of the plans? If I was a betting man, Id say not!

Below is a shot of the Parkway valley construction site (Courtesy of Zoney)

Attached: General Parkway area.

Latest News