Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Briain
Participant

@bonzer1again wrote:

Dave123, I couldn’t agree with you more, the whole Dublin Rd is going to get swamped with traffic from these developments….I would also suggest that since the University is probably one of the largest contributors of traffic in this area, that time is now well overdue to open access to the University from the Clare side of the campus. This would help alleviate the traffic being forced out onto the Dublin Road. What makes it even more farcical is that the bridge and the road (laneway if I’m honest) is already there, and blocked by a gate!!!!!, but it wouldn’t take much to put something in to help handle the traffic levels that I would expect it to take.

When it comes to traffic lights being put in by the council, I can’t wait to see how they make a mess of it…and then 4/5 months later go back and sort it all out….It’s about time that the councils invested in a Traffic management system that would be manned so that in times of need, the light timing intervals could be changed. So basically what I am looking for is a traffic mangement centre for the city and it’s major suburbs. (Wishful thinking)…..what’s amazing about this is that the CCTV cameras are already in place in the city (Garda camera’s), maybe they could use those.

The gates are there to stop the University from being a commuter rat-run aren’t they?

Latest News