Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

dave123
Participant

@KeepAnEyeOnBob wrote:

I still don’t see why they had to entomb the nice recovered original facade in that boring old glass and cream stone nonsense. Like all the rest of it, the cream stone will just go a disgusting hue of green and black once the Shannon estuary climate and the local pollution gets its teeth in.

A lot of the buildings on Henry St. are already looking depressing and oppressive due to this; e.g. the Dunnes Stores building – lovely black streaks under the features. Even the rather smart BoSI building has nasty marks developing from the ledges near the top.

Sure building owners or occupiers could spend a fortune on cleaning from time to time, though no doubt that would wear down the buildings. However, surely the designers could take local conditions into account. It’s not like it’s a new problem, just look at the “red” brick Georgian buildings. I’m sure any building style will be affected, but cream and white are just asking for trouble, as are ledges with no run-off arrangements for rain.

God you must had an awful day! lol.. Would ever stop whinging… I can’t stand negative people moaning all the time, in a tell all sitting in front of a computer!
If it’s so bothersome to you?!

Why don’t you do something about the image of Limerick?, Instead of you complaining and nagging everyone else to improve this city’s image 🙂

Get out a do something about it, instead of nit picking here with nonsense on dirty brick work etc

Anyway I think Henry street is looking great IMO…

You know a city “is what you make of it” give the city a break.

Latest News