Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

vkid
Participant

There’s still a retail element to the new development so there will still be retail traffic. The completion of the Shannon Tunnel should really be expected to have an impact on traffic here should it not? It should take some fraction of through traffic away?
I also think its not 100% the Parkway area thats the problem, more so what it feeds into. For exampple the Dublin road itself from the Parkway to the junction at the A1 bar really needs work . 2 lanes is just not enough in this part of town and the surface of the road itself at this point is poor. Childers Road is still a disaster and reqaally could take widening past the Retail Park and beyond heading towards Roxboro.
I also feel that the new bridge by the Grove Island development and access to it from the Dublin road really needs to be highlighted better. I know many people(including myself) who still continue into Baalsbrige to get to Corbally/Grove island..mainly out of habit and passing the right turn at that school without even thinking.

Latest News