Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

dave123
Participant

@Tuborg wrote:

The city boundary as it stands just isnt sustainable and its little wonder that the city has developed in such a disjointed and unco-ordinated manner over the course of the last 50 years or so! Limerick city is just too small to be governed by 2 Limerick local authorities and as far as Im concerned a city boundary should expand along with the city, within reason of course.

The Limerick city suburbs are a huge cash cow for Limerick County Council and they will not give them up without a fight, they are in direct competition with the City Council in a bid to secure commercial rates and I think its a well known fact that limerick County Council wohe countynt turn down any development that will guarantee them some cold hard cash!

While I agree with everything you’ve said, but I think both city and the county council are doing a very bad job in running of the city. You swear the city was in two different countries.

Its reaching to crisis point at this stage. When one would see two authorities in the one city having to compete each other. The map just shows how irregular this city is sprawling….

Note: that map is at least 7 years old, the sprawl is even uglier now thanks to google earth.

Latest News