Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

scitilop
Participant

@Tuborg wrote:

Pery Square/Barrington Street

Tippryan over at the Limerick Blogger has taken the following photos of the hotel development at 1 Pery Square. The existing georgian house and mews buildings are currently being restored, a new 5 storey structure (which will house the hotel bedrooms) is also underway to the rear. This is a really beautiful part of Limerick but is sadly overlooked by the majority of people, the City Council have plans for major public realm works from Baker Place down to Pery Square itself, however I couldnt find any info on when these works are likely to begin.

I must say, they’ve done a fine job in rebuilding the mews/small house buildings at the back of Number 1 Pery Court (which accidently fell down in the middle of the night last year). After seeing these pictures I went around to have a look and they are indeed quite impressive – use of reclaimed red-brick, sash windows, etc. It’s a pity the new larger building next to them on Barrington’s Street isn’t as in keeping with the area. Firstly, the steel work that has gone in shows already that the Georgian style of windows of the adjacent building will not be matched. Also, from the Catherine Street side, it kind of crowds in the St. Vincent de Paul building from the rear.

Latest News