Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?
Home › Forums › Ireland › well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? › Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?
High-rise at Cement Plant (Limerick Post)
THERE are plans for further development at Irish Cement, Castlemungret.
An application has been lodged with Limerick County Council for
- One no. clinker silo, (max height 67.90 metres, max diameter 37 metres)
- Transfer station (39.44 x 7.68 x 12.04 metres high)
- One no. cement silo (max height 51.29 metres, max diameter 12.21 metres)
- Two no adjoining canopy structures (5.92 x 6.76 x 6.97 metres high)
- Associated conveyors and site works
to be located within the existing Limerick Cement Works boundary, in the townland of Castlemungret.
Interesting that one of the arguments against the use of a suspension bridge for the new Shannon N18 crossing at Castlemungret, were its negative visual impact!
Hmmâ€¦. nice panoramic view from the City Hall of Limerickâ€™s mini Manhatten i.e. River-Point, Clarion and the Cement Silos! :rolleyes: