Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

-Donnacha-
Participant

@dave123 wrote:

Turborg, remember you mentioned the Guiness site earlier as part of the canal restoration projest well, i just found some more info about
it

it will be a very intersting site for new devlopment
anyone know the sites wherabouts??

No move on Guinness site until the Autumn

A CITY councillor’s perseverance will have to last until after the summer recess before he is any further enlightened as to what is being planned for the city site formerly occupied by Guinness.

Cllr Joe Leddin has been seeking information for over a year now as to what, if any definite plans are in the pipeline for development on the valuable city-centre site which is owned by Limerick City Council.

“I can’t get an answer as to what is happening on this site. I’ve repeatedly asked because I’m repeatedly asked by people living near it what, if any plans are in progress for the site and why it has remained idle for so long.”

Cllr Leddin pointed out that the former city manager, Brendan Keating agreed to the demolition of the old Guinness building after it had fallen into dereliction.

The councillor was told by Limerick city manager, Tom Mackey that plans for the site hinge on other possible developments that may occur in the surrounding area.

“I ask the indulgence of the Council until after the summer recess when I will come back to this,” he told Cllr Leddin.

also ,
THE decision by Limerick City Council to grant planning permission for a retail park development at the rear of Ashbrook Estate has shocked residents who are currently appealing the planning application to An Bord Pleanala.

The space created by the derelict land close to the canal should be used to build a light rail line from the university to the city centre before any more meritless developments are built on these lands.

Latest News