Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

Ever since the new investors took over from regeneration developments, theres been speculation that they wanted to alter the plans for the centre. I think the Limerick leader had it a few months back that the new owners would submit a revised application by the end of this year. I really cant see how the granary could be incorporated into the shopping centre, seen as its a protected structure I would be wary of any attempts to alter it in any way, hopefully the City Council would take a similar view!

There is a glass office block built inside the Granary courtyard, whether this is what they have their eyes on, im not sure. There are a large number of businesses based in that building and it would be a big task to relocate them all. I really wish they’d get a move on, the vast swathes of empty buildings on Patrick St/ Rutland St and Ellen Street are doing nothing for the city centre.:(

Below
Newly restored Granary c.1985
Prior to restoration, 1970s

Latest News