Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Anonymous
Inactive

@vkid wrote:

Good images and overall plan on http://www.eml.ie for their “Limerick Vision” which was announced recently which would see Liddy St, Arthurs Quay, Dunnes etc all knocked. interesting if nothing else!

Think big!

EML&#8217]Civic Centre (6-10)[/B]

I was aghast at first when I saw all these scattered high rise proposals for the Arthur’s Quay area. Though when one takes a closer look at their map concerning the Civic Centre, one can see their emphasis on open space is achieved through high rise replacing existing buildings e.g. Sarsfield’s House. It’s radical to say the least, Arthur’s Quay Shopping Centre replaced by a Conference Centre. Penneys, Debenhams and Dunnes all to disappear. The road from Liddy Street to Patrick Street is also to disappear or replaced by a tunnel? Two towers on either side of Liddy Street as an entrance to Arthur’s Quay. A cultural centre to be built in the middle of the park.

I personally would not like to see high rise buildings go up here as it would in my opinion ruin the historic medieval skyline of King John’s Island (St Mary’s / John’s Castle). It would also not be keeping in height with the 18th century Georgian expansion (Newtown Pery). Interesting no mention of where the commercial / retail centre should be focused?

See previous: Michael Tiernan’s City Centre Vision

Latest News