Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

I think this is one of the more ridiculous applications to come before the council, castletroy shopping centre has been a major flop since it opened 4 years ago, it still has a good few vacant units and i’ve been in there loads of times as i live only a short walk away when im in college and the place is always unbelievably quiet, if it wasnt for superquinn it would have closed by now!, i suppose they’re banking on the cinema to bring in the crowds. Its obvious that developers are more willing to take a chance in the suburbs than the city centre, again because the rates are much too high and we all know who’s fault this is!, if this goes ahead it will mean 3 shopping centres around the city being extended and at least 2 more major ones in the pipeline, i think we really need to fastrack some of the city centre proposals, bedford row redevelopment, city centre pedestrianisation etc.

As there are so many premises up for sale/lease in william street it means an excellent opportunity to give the street back its status as one of the best shopping streets in town as it was always considered in the past, quality retailers should be sought, no point replacing crap with even more crap!..

Latest News