Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Nautiman
Participant

@Dan Sullivan wrote:

The main boat club is listed but the shed isn’t. What has changed since the building was listed? I think the councillors owe people an explanation of why they have changed their minds if they have done so.

I would be completely opposed to the suggested development, it seems to me from this remove to be more about enriching individuals than supporting the activities of the boat club. The state of the building would seem to imply little of any money was spent on its maintenance over the years and one has to wonder how many boat clubs does Limerick require.

I can’t imagine that many of the other businesses in the area would be too impressed with large glass structure popping up there. It would be more in the line of the city councillors to do something about Dunnes and the Roches/Penney block. another trip to An Bord Pleanála I guess for a development on the river.

Dan,
To quote you on the Limerick Blogger 28/12/06 12:42am
“The rest of us will take the sensible course of reviewing the planning application and using the democratic process to make our objections or submissions should we have them while you send your time carping on the the comments section of someone else’s blog.”

No planning application has been lodged by Limerick Boat Club so what planning application are you reviewing regarding the proposed development? I believe the Boat Club usable are will increase by over 160%.

Latest News