Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

Childers road is one of the biggest failures ever!, it has never done anything near the job it was supposed to,but of course it is too close to the city centre to act as a ring road. It definately needs to be widened,at least between the parkway and tipperary r/bouts, the railway bridge in roxborough is a problem and i dont think iarnrod eireann are that accomodating in these situations,there is plenty of room to widen the road along much of its length, it was a disaster that the road was never extended to the dock road,there is still talks of it now but i dont see where it can be fitted in, all routes are basically blocked by development. I think to be fair to the ring road we wont really see the real benefits until the second phase to the N18 is completed , its a disgrace that the whole project wasnt completed in 1 go,of course we shouldnt really be surprised, we dont exactly get our fair share down here do we1!. Must say if its true that H&M are coming to the cresent its only more bad news for the city centre, i think zara are moving in aswell. i think it just shows that a lot of the retail accomodation is just too small,thats why river island and next are moving to purpose built units,after this next will have 3 outlets in limerick, i think hmv are talking about opening out there aswell,their store in o connell/cruises street is a bit cramped,next are also looking for a bigger store in the city centre,most likely in the new bedford row development, (actually i see they’ve started stripping the old savoy, must be coming down fairly soon),also oasis are moving from cruises street to the brown thomas store again because its bigger, i think they were outbid for cruises cafes(formerly bewleys) by new look.

Also the new cathaoirleach of Limerick co co bridgid teefy is totally against the boundary extension, oh dear!

SELL ARTHURS QUAY PARK NOW!…

Latest News