Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

@CologneMike wrote:

Estuary House Henry Street

God I hope it turns out better than that! Looks like it wont be going ahead for a while anyway, some dispute has brought it to ABP, maybe its the facade thats the problem? To me anyway it dosent seem like they looked too far for inspiration!]http://216.119.95.189/offices/103/961+Estuary_House_1.jpg[/IMG]

The last image belongs to Padraig Cronin!

Just across the street from Estuary house, I notice smyths toys have vacated their premises, its now up for sale/lease! This is actually a prime site for redevelopment, Im surprised this low rise warehouse has survived this long given all the recent changes on Henry Street! Although maybe the presence of the former Glentworth garage(now the Limerick Youth centre) next door complicates the matter a bit, I think its a protected structure and its also only a single storey in height! Given the history of innapropriate developments in Limerick, a new building of acceptable scale is probably asking for too much!

Latest News