Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

@CologneMike wrote:

ESB / Henry Street Garda Station Sites

I wasnt aware the Bank of Scotland had sold on the ESB site, whoever has bought it are certainly taking their time, although they’re probably waiting to see what becomes of Henry Street garda station first as that site is pivotal to the regeneration of this section of the riverfront and also Henry street itself of course.
Taking the two together, its a fairly irregular site and any new development will have to be worked around two georgian buildings (104 & 105 Henry St) Its probably the most important development site in Limerick at the moment, lets hope its owners come up with the goods! A red brick box wont do here!

Despite Henry Street station being just over 30 years old, Michael McDowell announced last year that the Dept of Justice were on the lookout for a new headquarters in Limerick alhough Henry Street got some funding for refurbishment works earlier this year so any move to a new location could be some time off yet! I hadnt heard the rumour about the Peoples Park, it sounds too ridiculous to be true surely? I could be wrong here but are there not plans floating around for the replacement of Mary Street garda station? Could they not take it one step further and build the divisional headquarters there?

Incidentally next door to Henry Street barracks, there are plans for a refurbishment of Estuary House, (an early 1980s office building) to provide new retail floorspace.

The transformation of Henry Street has been fairly remarkable, its hard to believe that only around 10 years ago it was basically derelict! Spaights, the Savoy, the Carlton, bedford motors have all been redeveloped. The ESB/ Garda Station Sites would be the final piece of the jigsaw!

Latest News