Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Anonymous
Inactive

@justnotbothered wrote:

The Kerry Co-Op site has such huge potential, it really needs to be managed properly. I would rate the ESB site and that site as the two most important sites in developing Limerick. We also badly need to address the failure that is Liddy st and the 2 storey Dunes stores.

ESB / Henry Street Garda Station Sites

If my memory serves me right the Bank of Scotland acquired the ESB site when they took over the ESB Electric Shops nationwide. I think they put the Limerick ESB site on to the market soon afterwards? If so I wonder who bought it?

Next door the Georgian building of Bord na gCon’s Headquarters will come on to the market in a few years time. That is if they successfully build their new stadium.

I heard to my dismay at home that if the Limerick Garda Headquarters were to move, then a possible candidate site could be the open green area next to the people’s park?

It would be ideal if the ESB / Garda sites could be developed as one development plus integrating the two Georgian buildings on Henry Street with them!

Interesting would be also to see as to what type of building that would go up along side the Riverpoint complex. Especially the apartments from phase two of the Riverpoint could lose out on light if a new building went directly up alongside?

Latest News