Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Paris Jack
Participant

@shanekeane wrote:

i dont see what putting new streets is going to do really, the whole place is a train wreck. sometimes i think they should just nuke limerick and start again. considering the amount of development that has taken place around that area recently, why is the abbey river even less central now than it used to be? having constructed an entire quay along the abbey, you’d think they could have bothered to make it a place where people might like to stroll and integrate it into the city centre. it truly had the capacity to be a cosy riverside strip like something in amsterdam

I agree, that whole place is a complete and utter mess! Very depressing sight…:( The entire area should be flattened and built anew! Bring new life and confidence to the people who have to live there. This is not 1907!

I like how you think Shane, f*****g nuke the lot!!!:D Seriously though, some people in Limerick really need to get with the times and get over the past! If you want a new and vibrant city that you feel good/happy and excited about while strolling down the street then just get on and build it!!! It will take a great deal of time and efford, of course, but it will be worth it in the end! After all, that’s exactly what they did right here in Paris!!!

More public spaces, lots more landscaping/trees etc,… basically give people back the desire…the pleasure to want to be in the city centre! As much as I admire (from a history perspective I mean) O’Connell St… I often wonder what it would be like to take away one entire side… Sound crazy? Double the width… kinda like O’Connell St. in Dublin…hmmm…. Well, the way they’re going at the moment you might as well! Maybe it’s my imagination here but is the rot ever creeping up O’Connell St…????

Latest News