Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Anonymous
Inactive

@phatman wrote:

I’ve gotta say recent developments in Limerick have done nothing but impress me, some top class buildings capitalising on the mistakes of the early boom years. And if projections and rumours are true, much more to come. A recent trip there left me quite impressed I must say!

Definitely, especially when clients like the Marriott and Hilton appear they do demand attractive high quality buildings to sell their products. Alas there are indeed mistakes of the early boom years such as the former derelict Charlotte&#8217] which in my opinion turned out to be a messy out of control planning disaster designed by the city hall.

@Paris Jack wrote:

Did you take the pics yourself?

Yes, unfortunately I took them with a too large pixel dimension (2304 x 1728) and when I scale them down for the forum (800 x 600) the quality becomes compromised.

@vkid wrote:

I remember that being mentioned already. The developers of the Savoy site(?) expressed their interest about this time last year, in developing this into a pedestrian retail street to compliment Bedford Row, which would see the Stella Ballroom and that pub on Shannon Street demolished.

The high quality finish to the rear of the hotel clearly demonstrates Michael Daly&#8217]Myles Breens, would hate to see a lively city rugby haunt disappear!

Latest News