Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Paris Jack
Participant

@tfarmer wrote:

True but id imagine that the surrounding area ie the dockland harbour (if you could call it that) would be developed. Also and from a space point of view i dont think there would be enough room to fit a large concert dome such as those seen internationally. In the end of the day thats just my opinion it remains to be seen what they actually have in mind.

How about the Arthurs Quay (including the park at the back) site? I don’t know what plans they have for this plot once AQ is demolished but this would be a brilliant location for a concert arena! I’m not saying that Limerick City Centre only needs a concert arena, of course not, but as we’re on the subject I think this particular plot would be just awesome! It’s smack right in the middle of town!!!

I don’t know if you are familiar with the Brixton Academy, tfarmer, in Brixton, south London? But anyway, the Academy doesn’t appear all that big on the outside but it’s just massive inside! It’s also quite similarly situated on a street corner like AQ. I skip over there from time-to-time with some mates and they have all the biggest acts in the world playing there on a regular basis. It’s got a great atmosphere and a real buzz about the place, you know? There are gigs there almost every night. My point, the Brixton Academy would fit perfectly on the AQ’S plot. So, it’s still possible to have such a venue in Limerick City Centre!

But you know, even if it had to be in the suburbs then I suppose that would be alright, just as long as the transport (if you didn’t want to drive) was good. Isn’t it amazing, we somehow always end up in the suburbs eh?

Latest News