Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Paris Jack
Participant

A marina would be perfect right there behind the Clarion. Ted Russell docks right? Lets face it, Foynes Port ticks all the boxes. It’s much wider and much deeper therefore allowing for bigger, better and more shipping. It makes more sense in my opinion. Besides, it’s still Limerick, it’s not like Foynes is in Donegal now is it? The docks in Limerick City are as good as dead! There’s no point in talking about the old days. That time has long gone! Limerick has to move forward and get with the programme – big time!!! They could start the ball rolling by pulling their fucking fingers out!!!

Tuborg is absolutely right, the building they build there (that’s if? of course) won’t look anything like that tower in the render. It will probably look even worse.:( I can only imagine with their track record what “landmark” you do eventually end up with…???

But yeah, I can imagine a nice little busy marina with all kinds of small sail and motor boats sailing in and out and enjoying the Shannon:) And why not? Sounds good to me. Just as long as very fine attention and detail was paid to the design of apartment buildings right on the water there, then it could actually look quite amazing! That clock (can’t remember the name?) behind the Clarion could be removed, completely restored and then replaced when the development of “the marina” is complete.

How many Irish cities have a marina right in the very heart of their city?

Latest News