Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Anonymous
Inactive

@darkman wrote:

What the hell is that on the ground to the right of the Clarion Hotel? Is that the city dump or something?

Anyway nothing to see here. More wasted opportunities….actually the two ‘highrise’ buildings look out of place. That pylon in the background, frankly, looks rediculous. In fact the whole image looks rediculous – God give me strength:mad:

Ah now Darkman, you are not surely going to start another “Skyscraper” discussion on this thread? Didn’t your own thread “The failure of Ireland” deal with the highrise issue thoroughly enough? Are you suffering from some sort of highrise phobia? Or are you having withdrawal symptoms, as I thought most Dubs were quite happy to see those Ballymun towers being pulled down in the very north of Dublin? Do you miss them?

Yeah, that “ridiculous” telecommunication pylon is owned by Telecom Éireann, whose headquarters incidentally is based in Dublin. They would be more than welcome to take it back to there and plank it on top of their own headquarters!

You would be forgiven for mistaking that brown heap of scrap metals on the right of the Clarion for the city’s dump! Alas this area is part of the floating docks, thus until this docklands area gets rezoned, Hegarty Metals can export from here what he likes. Though I would not mind owning that eyesore pile of scrap myself with the price of steel on the world market these days.]people like[/B] the Riverpoint / Clarion, some people don’t. It’s a matter of taste I suppose, but ridiculous they are not.

Latest News