Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

vkid
Participant

nice pics.
Patrick St in Cork is nice but the traffic situation is confusing there. Its not sure whether its a pedestrian area or not and personally i’d prefer to see O’Connell St fully pedestrianized as planned. Bedford Row and Thomas Street Sections are great once they keep them clean and after a false start in that regard they seem to be doing just that. The worst thing about O’Connell St at the moment is HGV’s and loads of traffic tearing up through the city centre and I’d personally be happy to see the back of that even only on the section planned. I understand your point about Cruises Street, but I dont think the same effect would happen on O’Connell St as it is more a central thoroughfare whereas Cruises St is really just a shopping street (apart from one pub at the top). The city centre is becoming a lot more lively recently at night anyway..and that is someting i;ve noticed more of in nthe last few months…even late on Monday/Tuesday nights there is a lot more life to be seen. Apartment developments having an effect maybe..
I heard at the weekend that the Bedford Row units under construction are pretty much booked out. Also heard there could be movement of one of the largest retailers from their current site to the Opera Centre but that isn’t confirmed so wont mention who just yet. Would make a large site ripe for redevelopment though…

Latest News