Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

PoxyShamrock
Participant

I don’t want the pedestrianisation of O’Connell Street to go ahead. Just look at it this way, you’re walking up Cruises Street in the middle of Autumn at 8 o’clock, how many people do you meet? Less than five would be my answer. This pedestrianisation will turn the CBD into a ghost town.
@Demolition Man wrote:

Limerick should look to Patrick St in Cork as an example of excellent street design that enhances the architecture surrounding it.In my opinion it’s the most attractive street in the country and is a credit to the city council for pushing through on its bold and controversial design.

I fully agree with what Demolition man is saying Patrick Street right now is absolutely gorgeous. It is the city’s main street and has recently (2005) got a makeover but it still allows traffic through the city centre.
Tbh I would prefer something along the lines of O’Connell Street in Dublin than to Patrick Street as the traffic situation in Cork is quite confusing and dangerous when it comes to Cars coming from the side streets leading onto Patrick Street.

I think a masterplan similar to that of O’Connell Street in Dublin would enhance the city beautifully.

Latest News