Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

demolition man
Participant

Looking at these pics, I cant but wonder how better off both Patrick St and Thomas St would be by getting rid of those red nazi like munster banners.I am all for Limerick promoting it’s connection with Munster rugby but this is like a Nuremberg rally.Removing some of the modern street lights in favour of more trees would help ellivate a cluttered look.

Limerick should look to Patrick St in Cork as an example of excellent street design that enhances the architecture surrounding it.In my opinion it’s the most attractive street in the country and is a credit to the city council for pushing through on its bold and controversial design.

This may be a long shot,but wouldn’t it be boss if pennys were to sell up, leaving the old cannocks site to be bought and refurbished to it’s orriginal state by the city council.It could be financed by pulling the plug on this whole city munster rugby landmark crap.Sorry, at this point I feel I must proclaim my allegiance to munster rugby and indeed Limerick.:) The new streetscape would also help massively to promote it as a landmark site of its own.

Latest News