Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Anonymous
Participant

I’m not sure that building a dual carriageway 2 miles north of Moyross will benefit Moyross in any substantial way. For starters car ownership levels are a fraction of the city average and secondly it will accomodate areas that currently have scant linkage with deprived areas such as Moyross and the Island.

I am not saying that it is not a valid project on any level but to package this as a must have to eliminate the transport deficet for Moyross is ludicrous and disingenuous. It is further felt that the through traffic flows through Thomondgate create an unacceptable level of pedestrian severance. These flows post southern bypass and if a 3 ton weight limit were introduced would and will make a much more positive impact to both Moyross and the Island.

My fear is that the above road if built in the absence of investment in public transport just facilitate more unplanned and peicemeal development. Large quantities of out of town retail and low density housing would in reality just gridlock routes to areas such as Meelick and Parteen as people in the inner suburbs flock to shop at the weekends and as the residents of the new sprawl commute to city centre locations.

Sounds like more M50 planning and we all know what happened there.it is a classic example of no co-operation between local authorities and a gridlocked chaos resulting. There is a very common theme on boundary issues between all City and county councils which has been entirely ignored at the highest level.

Latest News