Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Anonymous
Inactive

@Goofy wrote:

Does anyone know what the purple building(?) to the right of the new carpark, in the picture in post 1128, is?

On the map legend, purple denotes future building (indicative only).

@Irishjon25 wrote:

I noticed just today that the flats on lower Careys road have all but been demolished. I have also been informed that the flats further down by that ridiculous blue building (formerly frosts bar) are to be demolished by the corporation.

04248 Jackman Park – Limerick City Council

L.D.M.C. Limericks Junior soccer governing body (59 clubs)

Date Received 17/06/2004
Grant Date 23/05/2005

to remove existing floodlights and replace them with eight number 16 metre high floodlights, build a covered terrace along the north western side (Bus Eireann side) of the pitch, build a new stand to replace the existing stand on the south eastern side of the pitch (Carey’s Road side) and build toilets

Limerick 37 will develop Jackman Park in line with the 2002 plans into a top class soccer venue. Planning permission has already been granted and significant work is beginning immediately. Limerick will have an 8,000 capacity venue with over 4,000 seats and it will be a very modern football stadium in the heart of Limerick City for the use of all grades.

Jackman Park is located at the rear of the Main Railway Station (Colbert Station) in the Centre of Limerick. Entrance to the Gound is on Carey’s Road. The Ground is approx 5 min walk from the Station.

Hard to see what one can achieve here with Jackman Park (Highlighted Blue) as it is really hemmed in. Potential 8000 capacity venue, raises in my opinion a safety issue with just one entrance through a narrow lane on Carey’s road?

The red highlighted buildings are the Limerick City Council 3 storey flats (built in the 1940’s?). Those facing the people’s park have great potential for re-development.

Latest News