Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

justnotbothered
Participant
jimg wrote:
Sticking a “medieval looking” boardwalk along the one bit of the castle which probably hasn’t changed in over 800 years is not the way to improve the amenity value of the castle. “Medieval” and “boardwalk” are two words which should never appear near each other. That view of the castle has been a Limerick icon for hundreds of years]

I agree to a large extent, but I’d still like to see definate plans for the boardwalk with dismissing it entirely. Afaik it’s proposed that there will be a boardwalk on both sides of the river for that stretch.

On Nicholas st, I really feel the Council should do what Galway’s council did 15 years ago wrt to Shop street and offer reduced or no rates to certain types of businesses willing to start there. Sure it’s a dive now, but with proper restoration and the right kind of pub/restaurant/shops it could be a whole new tourist area.

Latest News