Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

@CologneMike wrote:

Punch’s Cross go ahead (Limerick Leader)

“The development will include a major anchor tenant for a supermarket, seven retail units, and underground car space for 450 cars.” 🙂

In granting permission, Limerick City Council attached 17 conditions, including that it would lose a floor, a management company would be set up for the complex, the requirements of traffic management at City Hall be adhered to and a whopping development contribution levy of €2.8 million be paid to the Council.

I must say Im slightly surprised that this development got the go-ahead, local residents appeared totally opposed to it and the exchanges between themselves and the developers (Paul O’Brien & Robert Butler ) were pretty bitter at times, it seemed there was little chance of a compromise being found. Obviously now the residents are sufficiently satisfied to withdraw their objection. To be honest, Im not convinced about this development, I think its premature, the traffic situation is already dire and if you add in a large supermarket and several other services I think its a recipe for disaster!

Theres no doubt that the underground car park will help matters but it dosent address how traffic is going to access the new centre, this is already a highly congested route and you also have to bear in mind that the completion of the Southern Ring bypass is still 3 years away so relief is a long way off yet!

Development
Type PERMISSION

Description
Redevelopment of the site will include the demolition of existing buildings and the provision of a mixed use retail/office development comprising (i) an anchor retail store of 4,010 sq.m gross floor space]Address [/B]:corner of Rosbrien Road Ballinacurra Road Limerick

The planning report can be found here: http://www.limerickcity.ie/uploads/lcc/planning/decision/06203g.doc

Latest News