Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Paris Jack
Participant

@CologneMike wrote:

Picture courtesy of rhurja taken 02.01.2007

We must be the envy of the whole country for already having an iconic structure:rolleyes: (mini Eiffel Tower) in the middle of the city centre! (Just 200 Metres from O’Connell St.) Seriously though, I could not imagine such an out-of-proportion communication pylon been allowed up in other cities such as Galway, Cork, Dublin etc? I wonder what would Paris Jack make of it? I see the lane “Roches Row” will only get a make over in the last phase of the remodelling of the city centre streets.

https://archiseek.com/content/showpost.php?p=60962&postcount=982

I know exactly what I’d love to do with that effin pylon!:mad::o I’d get great pleasure wrapping every last inch of it around some dumbass necks in Limerick City let me tell ya! Of all the stupid things I’ve ever seen on my travels, that is right up there! A blatant and utter lack of respect for Limerick City and her people! Absolutely, you’d never see something like that in Cork or Dublin! You could only ever get away with something this outrageous and unbelievable in Limerick! Most people probably pass this incredibly beautiful structure:rolleyes:on a daily basis without ever realizing what they’re missing, huh? Now ain’t you the lucky ones to have such an “iconic structure” in the very heart of your dear city!? I’m sooooo jealous! Surely to God there is some industrial estate on the rim of the city where this monstrosity could and should have been erected? Right? It’s unforgivable that someone (some half-wit of course) came up with the idea to stick this piece of crap literally a stone’s throw from Limerick City’s main avenue! Truly unbelievable!!! It’s a goddamn disgrace that’s what it is!!! Nice holiday snap for the tourists, eh? I’d like to take a flame thrower to the fucking thing!!! AARRRGHHH!!!:mad:

Latest News