Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Home Forums Ireland well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ? Re: Re: well what about the developments popping up in the shannonside ?

Tuborg
Participant

Its true a lot of new developments popping up in limerick(and indeed countrywide) lack a bit of ambition,its a real pity,most of the new structures tend to be quite boring,some try to use striking colours to distract from their banality,-never really works,unfortunately we’re also seeing the use of cheaper materials become more and more common.I’ve been pleasantly surprised though by the riverpoint building i must say,its turned out better than i imagined,the reflective glass facade makes it look quite imposing,according to the limerick leader it will be completed in the next month and get this all but one of the floors have been bought up,i felt it would be a huge gamble, but its obviously paid off,i wonder how many chose to relocate because of its landmark status.Anyway 1 thing we can say for sure is that limerick is almost unrecognisable from the city that was basically falling apart in the mid to late eighties!, theres actually a funny story of a planner from bilbao who was advising the city council on redevelopment plans in the early eighties, he commented that limerick seemed to have suffered a lot of damage during the war!..

Latest News