Re: Re: The destruction of St. Stephen’s Green

Home Forums Ireland The destruction of St. Stephen’s Green Re: Re: The destruction of St. Stephen’s Green

Anonymous
Inactive

😡 I’m really starting to get pissed off at the moaners here who don’t want this project for really petty reasons. So for ye, I will state the bleeding obvious.

DUBLIN WILL BE ECONOMICALLY UN-VIABLE TO WORK AND TO DO BUSINESS IN IF WE DO NOTHING ABOUT THE CHRONIC TRAFFIC PROBLEM WHICH IS GETTING WORSE EVERY YEAR. SO GIVE IT A BREAK, GET REAL AND GET WITH THE PROGRAMME.

Luas is NOT good enough. If it was, they would have planned a cheaper low capacity Luas line instead a more expensive medium capacity Metro Tram line. Then there is the high capacity DART Interconnector, the most important of all the projects, without it the rail system in Dublin will grind to a halt due to congestion on the existing lines.

I not happy at what is happening to the Green, or the monuments/statues, but I know that in 25 years nobody would have given a shite as the statues and monuments will still be there, covered in bird shit and new trees in The Green would have started to mature. The difference this time is than we’ll have 2 quality underground rail lines through the heart of the city and nobody will have remembered the inconvenience of the construction.

Latest News