Re: Re: Stillorgan light abstruction
Get your facts straight. I have highlighted the actual height of the building and another relevant piece of information. Also, the permission is currently being appealed – the case number is 06D209655
Reg. Ref.: D04A/0200
Decision: GRANT PERMISSION
Decision Date: 28-Oct-2004
Applicant Name: Mark II Partnership
Applicant Address: The Warehouse, Barrow Street, Grand canal Docks, Dublin 2.
Location: Former Allegro Building, Carmanhall Road / Blackthorn Avenue, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18.
Mixed use development on the Allegro Site, comprising:
Demolition of all existing structures on site of 3.117 Hectares bounded by Blackthorn Drive to the west and north Microsoft Industrial Campus and Carmanhall Road to the south, an existing warehouse unit to the east, the construction of a mixed use development with vehicular access from Blackthorn Drive (west and north) and vehicular and pedestrian access from Carmanhall Road, comprising 144 residential apartments (128 no. two bedroom and 16 no. one bedroom), an apart hotel of 55 units, 5 retail warehouses, a health club, 7 neighbourhood shops, surface parking and a multilevel car park with a total of 1,026 parking spaces, with a total gross floor area of 44,119 m2 (gross internal floor area including plant) in structures of varying heights ranging from three storeys (height 10metres) to 11 storeys (height 39 metres) incorporating a four storey glazed atrium. These structures are comprised of the following elements.
1) A two storey (height 16.2 metres) structure comprising one retail warehouse (floor area 5,342 m2) at lower ground floor and one retail warehouse at first floor level including a garden centre (gross floor area 5,988 m2 ) to be accessed via the central atrium. All to be located on the eastern side of the site.
2) 3 no. retail warehouse units with a gross floor area of 3,469 m2 (comprising Unit C1 – 1,044.5 M2., Unit C2 – 1,004.5 m2, Unit C3 – 1,420 m2) at upper ground level, health club comprising 4,306 sq.m. at second floor level and 4 levels of residential accommodation above (giving a total of 80 no. units with 64 no. two bedroom and 16 no. one bedroom apartments, all with balconies) in three blocks of 8 storeys above lower ground floor car park (height 29.5 metres) with two roof terraces at fourth floor level, all to be located on the southern side of the site.
3) A structure fronting Blackthorn Drive comprising:
a) Car parking at surface level and a multi level car park at lower ground floor and part of upper ground and first floor levels comprising a total of 1,026 car parking spaces, all with roof terrace over and including ancillary bin storage and bicycle parking.
b) 7 Neighbourhood shops, of which 5 are two storey ( ranging from 214 m2 to 404 m2 in floor area giving a total floor area of 1,756 m2) fronting onto Blackthorn Drive at lower ground and upper ground level.
c) A residential apartment block comprising a total of 64 no. two bedroom units with balconies in a 9 storey story ( height – 31 metres) structure with all residential accommodation above first floor level and roof terraces at second floor level and sixth floor level.
d) An apart hotel with 55 no. units with balconies (51 no. two bedroom and 4 no. one bedroom) with access at ground floor from Blackthorn Drive, lobby/restaurant and bar at upper and first floor level (with a total floor area of 644 m2) in a single block of 7 storeys (height -25.5 metres) fronting Blackthorn Drive (and LUAS Line) rising to 11 storeys (height – 39 metres) to the north west corner of the site. All apart hotel units located above first floor level with roof terraces at sixth floor level and ninth floor level.
e) A central glazed atrium four storeys in height to link all structures.
4) A surface car park fronting Blackthorn Drive to the north and west of the site.
5) All site development works, landscaping and all ancillary works.
An environmental Impact Statement will be submitted to the Planning Authority with this Planning Application and will be available.