Re: Re: Spencer Dock

Home Forums Ireland Spencer Dock Re: Re: Spencer Dock

#748883
burge_eye
Participant

The Wool Store was constructed between 1847 and 1864 and was therefore probably built as a port facility immediately prior to the coming of the railway. It probably owes its origin to Wapping in London which was also part of the London docklands area. It was subsequently incorporated into the London and North Western Railway Company’s North Wall Station, although it was never directly accessible from the railway sidings. In the 1940s, it was referred to as the Wool Warehouse Stable, and it has been derelict since the early 1980s

Latest News