Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Home Forums Ireland reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Praxiteles
Participant

@pandaz7 wrote:

Gunter

I entirely agree with your view that a church should be a numinous place but your comments on OMQ’s views are harsh.

At last, there is a recognition that churches and church ceremonies do not have to slavishly follow this deluge of rules and regulations which inundate this thread almost on a daily basis. I started reading this because I thought that the refurbishment of Irish Catholic churches had become acts of distruction but it has gone to the realms of the ridiculous. Why must we be hidebound by what was done in Italy in the 15th century? Commentators on this thread devote far too much energy into getting the buildings into their architectural straitjacket, something which has no foundation in Jesus’ teaching. In particular, the vitriolic comments about modern architects/designer (however ingorant they may be of all the rules and traditions of liturgy) about are entirely uncalled for.

Thinking again, perhaps it might be a bad idea to listen to the following address given by Cardinal Justin Francis Rigali, archbishop of Philadelphia, to the recent conference held in the Catholic University of America in Washington:

http://live.cua.edu/ACADEMICS/ARCH/architectureconference2010.cfm

Latest News