Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Home Forums Ireland reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

gunter
Participant

@Praxiteles wrote:

The Rostrevor tentative was posted precisely to highlight and illustrate the other end of the spectrum that begins (or perhaps ends) with Wyoming.

Assuming that the collection of bungalows on the hill side is Rostrevor? then I do understand your point and yes apart from Ronchamp and Tourette, the architectural cupboard is a bit bare, if you exclude glimpses like Autostrada.

@Praxiteles wrote:

Concerning the Chiesa dell’autostrada . . . . from a theological and liturgical point of view the interior space is unfocused and confused. This is not the only example of such a disconnect between disciplines.

I won’t contest your expertise in that field, but I would suggest that it might perhaps be those particular qualities that give the interior it’s power to convey something bordering on spirituality, which I imagine was the intention along with the references to the raw [and dangerous] energy involved in the highway construction programme that the chapel commemorates.

That makes Autostrada a possible architectural direction to explore further, in my opinion.

On the other hand . . .

@Praxiteles wrote:

McCreary architects: http://www.mccreryarchitects.com/index.cfm/id/120/pid/0/page/philosophy

. . . we can all see through these guys like a plate glass window. That’s all I’m saying

Latest News