Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches
Home › Forums › Ireland › reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches › Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches
St. Peter’s, Drogheda, Co. Louth
Here we have a recent view of the High Altar (Sharpe, Dublin 1896 who also did Cobh High Altar 1892) with the restored stencil and art work on the apse wall. Note the restored painted curtain which was originally painted by Gustavus Linthout and Sons of Bruges. As the painters returned to Belgium due to the outbreak of the Great War, part of the curtain was never completed. The stencil cutain was restored by Mr. Patrick Gordon.