Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Home Forums Ireland reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Praxiteles
Participant

@apelles wrote:

Hang on there Prax, I thought Astrology was an occultic concept that is repeatedly condemned by God throughout the Bible, as it was part of the first false religious system in Babylon, the original rebellion against Him and seen as a false alternate religion. . .the idolatrous seeking after other gods. Or has this concept changed within the Church also?

Isaiah 47:13 “You are wearied with your many counsels; Let now the astrologers, Those who prophesy by the stars, Those who predict by the new moons, Stand up and save you from what will come upon you.

I had been asked to do a similar project/paint scheme in a Church in the recent past but I did’nt believe it was appropriate. Was I wrong?

Appelles!

Praxiteles is talking about astronomy not astrology. While the latter, as approached by some, is considered to be contrary to the virtue of religion (and still remains so), the former refers to the scientific documentation of the movement of the celestial bodies. The paint scheme we see here in the atrium, presuming that its has been properly researched, is an elaborate way of writing the date 9 September 1900.

While we have not seen the paint scheme you were asked to paint, if it a genuine piece of astronomical research, indicating a specific date, then fine. But that would need to checked at the National Observatory.

However, if what you were asked to do was no more than reproduce a deck of Tharot cards or other such mumbo jumbo, then of course you were perfectly right to insist that it was unsuitable for a plcae of Christian worship.

Latest News