Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

Home Forums Ireland reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches Re: Re: reorganisation and destruction of irish catholic churches

MacLeinin
Participant

@brianq wrote:

mac,

I have to take issue with your sweeping generalisation here. I readily accept yours and anyone else’s right to disagree with my views. I readily accept when I am wrong on a factual basis and will thoughtfully consider contrary views on those issues about which contrary views can be legitimately held e.g. aesthetics etc. The authority of true Catholic teaching is accepted fully on my part. I don’t know what you mean by a liberal and therefore couldn’t say if I am one or not. I suspect it is irrelevant anyway.

BQ

Dear Brianq,
I do not question you acceptance of Church teaching. I question the interpretation you have been given. You are free to explore these issues and expand your knowledge. Unlike many you appear to be willing to take that course. I am leagues behind you. I need every latin phrase translated for me.
What I do not understand about the above quote is what you mean by I readily accept when I am wrong on a factual basis and will thoughtfully consider contrary views on those issues about which contrary views can be legitimately held e.g. aesthetics etc. .

Expand please.

Latest News